The ihram is made up of two white
unsewn sheets. To put it on:
- Stand with your feet apart to create the right
shape, and hold the first sheet behind you, before wrapping one length of the
sheet over the other in front of you.
- Once you have wrapped the sheet around your
lower body, fold over or roll the top of the sheet several times along your
waistline to keep it in place, making sure that it ends up higher than your
- Next, take the second sheet and place it around
your shoulders like a cape.
- Make one side longer than the other, and flick
the longer length over your shoulder.
- Finally, place some pins in the sheets to keep
them in place.
- Always make sure that you have good coverage at
the back for when you go into sujood in salat, and keep the bottom sheet above
the navel to make sure that your awrah is always properly covered.